Re: pg_hba.conf change in 7.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Seum-Lim Gan
Subject Re: pg_hba.conf change in 7.4
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the recommendation.

I will edit the pg_config.h file and comment out the
HAVE_IPV6 #define.
It is now defined as 0.

Earlier on, I tried to set IPV6 to no or 0 in configure.ih
and then configure and rebuild but that did not work.

Will let you know if commenting out the HAVE_IPV6 will work.

Thanks.

Gan

At 11:28 am -0500 2003/12/6, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>Seum-Lim Gan wrote:
>>  Hi Bruce,
>>
>>  I wonder if there is any recommendation to this ?
>>  Is there a way to configure PostgreSQL to not use
>>  IPv6 ?
>
>One idea is to edit include/pg_config.h and comment out HAVE_IPV6 and
>recompile and see if it works.  That will disable the postmaster from
>listening on IPv6.
>
>--

| Seum-Lim GAN                 email : slgan@lucent.com  |
| Lucent Technologies                                    |
| 2000 N. Naperville Road, 6B-403F  tel : (630)-713-6665 |
| Naperville, IL 60566, USA.        fax : (630)-713-7272 |
|       web : http://inuweb.ih.lucent.com/~slgan         |